3D SPACE: ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING CENTRIC SOCIETY OF MAIT
3D Space: Additive manufacturing society of MAIT, started with a team of 20 students under the guidance of Dr. Vaibhav Jain with the inspiration of Prof. (Dr.) Neelam Sharma, Director, MAIT. Ms. Surabhi Lata, Branch Advisor of Society has congregated inquisitive minds of students and drove their passion from theoretical concepts of additive manufacturing towards its realization in practical applications. The society targets:
- Understanding and learning the basics of design for additive manufacturing (DFAM).
- Designing and manufacturing of a dedicated 3D printer.
- Exchange of ideas and defining of new opportunities in 3D printing sector.
- Creating functional parts of engineering grade to enhance quality functionality and practicality of any product.
- Achieving excellence in the research area of additive manufacturing.
Mr. R.C. Saini, Branch advisor, SAE Collegiate Club has purchased 3 FDM style printers (from creality which are ender 3) under the scheme SPICES, AICTE.